Monday, November 14, 2016

Spun Cast DPIC Solid rolls for finishing mills



Keywords: Spun cast DPIC rolls, SG acicular rolls, Enhanced carbide rolls, SG Iron
Generalizing, the pass life for rolls for finishing stands relative to each other on a scale increasing from left to right











Pass life of the roll has become the defining factor for rolls in Rolling mills. A Roll is intended to have better performance at a sustainable price. A roll manufacturer would agree that quality comes at a price but just adding alloys into the rolls is not the right way to go. There needs to be a reasonable understanding of what kind of an element has what kind of an effect on the wear resistance of the roll and for what stands. 

In this blog I would be alluding to the work rolls for finishing mills.

Though rolls have come a long way from the simple static cast Pearlitic structures a technology of the 1950’s to centrifugally cast double poured solid rolls (1980’s). There was also a time for shaft fitted double poured barrels but with the increase in production and subsequently the speed of the mills, the shaft fitted barrels often lead to slippage causing mill accidents. 

To counter this problem spun cast DPIC solid Rolls are used for finishing stands of rolling mills. They have the right mix with an adequate hardness of around 80 +/- 2 sH with a bainitic structure to provide a polish on the rolled product along with the necessary alloying to have a longer pass life as it portrays properties of increased wear resistance.

DPIC Rolls can be classified into 3 main categories: Normal spun cast DPIC rolls with nickel content in range of 2.5 – 4 % and then Enhanced Carbide DPIC with further added alloys in the range of 0.5 - 1% and SG Acicular rolls with the outer working layer made up of highly alloyed Spheroidal Graphite SG iron


1 comment:

  1. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete